We’re not ones to spend a day off cooped up in a big box store, but that doesn’t mean we don’t love a good deal. Here are a few ways to save some money on Black Friday and beyond.
- Get away from it all — plan a post-holiday escape to L’Auberge de Sedona. If you book on Nov. 30, you’ll receive 20 percent off your room rate as well as resort credits for stays between Nov. 30 and Feb. 11. lauberge.com
- Go outside! Skip the shopping altogether and head to a Colorado state park — all 42 of them will offer free entry on Black Friday, which the Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office is dubbing Fresh Air Friday. cpw.state.co.us
- Do New Year’s Eve differently this year with a stay at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder. This expansive resort offers a true entertainment destination — casino! nightclub! spa! — all within a few minutes’ drive from downtown Santa Fe. During the 72-Hour Cyber Sale, rates will be offered at 30 percent off starting from $69 for stays Dec. 20 through May 19. buffalothunderresort.com
- Book your annual ski trip. The ski-in/ski-out St. Regis Deer Valley is holding their biggest sale of the year from now through Dec. 6. Save up to 25 percent off lodging with available dates extending through most of 2016, so you can plan now and travel later. stregisdeervalley.com
- Runaway with a friend — to a spa, that is. Book your stay at the all-inclusive Lake Austin Spa Resort by Nov. 30 and your companion stays for half-price. Note: trips need to be between now and Jan. 2, 2016 for the savings to apply. lakeaustin.com/spa-resort
We’re even joining the hype. Check back Monday for a special on Dorado Magazine year subscriptions – if you or your friends and family haven’t subscribed to Dorado yet, Monday’s the time!