This Vail-based distillery doesn’t take any shortcuts when it comes to its booze. Thank goodness, because if you’re drinking a Sazerac, the whiskey better be good.
• 2 ounces 10th Mountain rye
• Absinthe rinse in glass (1/4 ounce)
• 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
1. Fill a large glass with ice, rye and bitters. Stir for about 30 seconds or until chilled.
2. Add the absinthe to an Old Fashioned glass, swirl until all sides are coated, then pour out the excess.
3. Strain the rye mixture into the absinthe-coated glass.