Part one of our gift guide: What to buy for that friend or family member who’s always heading off on another big adventure
- A backpack that goes from mountains to meetings. Make a seamless transition with Dakine’s new Heli Pro 20L pack, which features a smart design that carries skis, a snowboard and a 15-inch laptop. dakine.com
- The best pair of socks ever. Bison down is softer than cashmere and warmer that wool. United By Blue spent years making the perfect sock from it. unitedbyblue.com
- A killer tent. Make any campsite even more epic with the Tentsile Connect Tree Tent, which can be used on its own or connected to other tents to create suspended super-camps. rei.com
- A grown-up water bottle. Enough with the plastic already. Upgrade to one of Klean Kanteen’s insulated stainless steel growlers, that will keep your water (or beer!) cold, even in the heat of the desert. kleancanteen.com
- A weekend in Moab. Unofficially known as the adventure capital of the Southwest, Moab’s got it all—hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing. Click here for an ideal itinerary to inspire your planning.