Hughes Manor will play host to the annual whole-hog cookoff on May 21
At the center of Cochon555 is a cook-off featuring 5 chefs cooking 5 whole, heritage breed pigs with innovative techniques and bold flavor profiles. One week before the event, five competing chefs receive a 200-pound heritage breed pig from a local farmer. They are each tasked to create and present a “Judge’s Plate” of 6 dishes scored on categories such as utilization, cooking techniques and overall flavor. The winner from each city is crowned the “Prince or Princess of Porc,” and given a place at our national championship, Grand Cochon, to be held in October 2017.
The Five Competing Chefs at Houston’s Cochon555:
- Chef Luis Roger of BCN Taste & Tradition — Contemporary Catalan
- Chef Bobby Matos of State of Grace — Ingredient-Driven Texan Cuisine
- Chef Felix Florez of Ritual — Elevated Southern Comforts
- Chef Manabu ‘Hori’ Horiuchi of Kata Robata — Modern Japanese Fare
- Chef Monica Pope of Sparrow Cookshop — Rustic New American
Click here to get your tickets.