Makes 4 drinks
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coarse black sea salt
- ¾ cup 100-percent organic agave tequila, such as Dulce Vida
- ⅓ cup Prickly Pear Syrup
- ¼ cup fresh Key lime juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons Paula’s Texas Orange (or other orange liqueur)
Pour the agave nectar into a saucer, and rim 4 rocks glasses with black sea salt by dipping each in the agave nectar, then into a second saucer containing the salt. Combine the tequila, syrup, lime juice, and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker, or a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add 1 cup of ice, and shake vigorously.
Fill the glasses with ice, and strain in the margaritas. For frozen margaritas, combine the mixture with 4 cups ice in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.